SME Growth Program
If you are an ACT-based small to medium business, this program is designed to help you drive the growth and competitiveness of your business.
- Status: Open
- Applications close: Ongoing
- Delivered by: ACT - Innovation Trade and Investment
The SME Growth Program can help you to grow your small business and make it more competitive.
It offers a free review of your business and a grant to make the recommended improvements in the review report.
What support or funding is available?
An experienced business advisor will work with you to:
- understand and review how you run your business
- identify areas where you can improve.
The advisor will review and assess things like:
- how your business functions
- your business strategy
- market conditions
- your work practices.
The advisor will need access to your business information to complete a review report, including:
- three years of financial information (profit & loss and balance sheet)
- key employees in your business.
The review report of your business is free, and may include:
- an assessment of the direction and strategy of the business
- a market and industry appraisal
- a review of internal processes
- a financial analysis.
Business Improvement Grant
If you want to make the recommended improvements in your Business Review, you can apply for the Business Improvement Grant.
The grant of up to $5,000 (excluding GST) can help with the costs of getting the expertise you need to make improvements.
Your business must match the grant funding dollar for dollar.
Who can apply?
To apply, your business must:
- be registered and trading in the ACT
- have been established for at least 2 years
- have an annual turnover of between $500,000 and $1.5million
- be registered for GST and have submitted BAS
- value innovation
- have demonstrated a capacity to grow
- be IT enabled.
How do I apply?
You can apply for a business review online by completing the SME application form.
Find out more about the program at Innovation, Trade and Investment.