Supported Wage System
At a glance
Provides employers of people with a disability with a free productivity assessment so they can pay wages to them based on their productivity.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, your employee must:
- be at least 15 years of age and be an Australian citizen or resident
- meet the impairment criteria for the Disability Support Pension (DSP)
- be employed for a minimum of eight hours per week
Other eligibility criteria may apply.
The Supported Wage System provides a framework to determine the wages paid to employees with a disability who may not be able to perform jobs at the same capacity as any other employee.
Employers can access a free productivity assessment from a qualified assessor which will recommend the wages paid to the employee with a disability based on their productivity.
The assessment will:
- be done with the employer, employee with disability and the Employment Services provider and nominee (if the employee has one) at a time that suits everyone, and
- happen on an employee's regular work day when they are doing their usual job
The assessor is also able to advise on any modifications necessary for the employee to be able to do their job.
Find out more about the eligibility criteria at Supported Wage System.
How to apply
Find out more about how to apply at Supported Wage System.