Supported Wage System
At a glance
Provides employers of people with a disability with a free productivity assessment so they can pay wages to them based on their productivity.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, your employee must:
- be at least 15 years of age and be an Australian citizen or resident
- meet the impairment criteria for the Disability Support Pension (DSP)
- have no outstanding workers? compensation claims against your business
- be employed for a minimum of eight hours per week.
Other eligibility criteria may apply.
Deadline to apply:
Applications may be made at any time.Apply
The Supported Wage System allows employers to:
- pay a wage matching the person's assessed productivity rate
- provide employment for people with a disability
- help employees with a disability improve their work productivity and work at full award wages.
What support or funding is available?
Employers of people with a disability can access a free productivity assessment with an approved accessor, and pay the employee at a rate based on the assessment.
Who can apply?
Australian employers or Australian Government employment service providers that have a potential Supported Wage System candidate can apply.
What are the eligibility criteria?
Find out more about the eligibility criteria at Supported Wage System on the JobAccess website.
How do I apply?
Find out more about the program by visiting Supported Wage System on the JobAccess website, or speaking to a JobAccess Adviser on 1800 464 800.
For more information and to apply: