Defence, in collaboration with AusIndustry, are implementing the 2016 Defence Industry Policy Statement by establishing the systems and frameworks that will provide the foundation for the new Defence and industry partnership.
The Centre for Defence Industry Capability will bring together the strategic guidance of Defence, the program delivery expertise of the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science, and the skills and commitment of private industry.
Together we will:
- Provide strategic leadership for the defence sector, driving the capability and capacity of Australian industry to support Defence.
- Proactively facilitate innovation, business competitiveness and exports.
- Fund new industry development, critical skilling and export programs.
- Facilitate access to Defence’s new innovation programs for small to medium enterprises.
- Deliver new advisory services to guide and mentor Australian industry to improve competitiveness and capitalise on export potential.
Let's keep talking
The Centre for Defence Industry Capability and the Defence Innovation Hub will officially open for business in the fourth quarter of 2016. In the meantime, stay in touch for updates on Defence innovation, including the Next Generation Technologies Fund, and join us at industry briefings around Australia.