Ride-sourcing and tax (sole traders) for small business
This workshop provides ride sharing businesses with information about paying and claiming the appropriate taxes.
- Supported by: Australian Taxation Office
- Sessions: -
- Event type: Workshop
Do you provide ride-sourcing services for a fare; working through a facilitator such as Uber, SheSafe, Shebah or GoCatch?
Do you know how income tax, the goods and services tax (GST) applies to your earnings? Ride-sourcing is taxi-travel for GST purposes.
If you have a ride-sourcing enterprise, you need:
- an Australian business number (ABN)
- to register for GST from the day you start
- to pay GST on the full amount of every fare
- to keep records of income and expenses for both GST and income tax purposes
You can then claim GST credits for expenses associated with your ride-sourcing enterprise. Come along to this one hour session where we’ll help you understand how to get it right.