Tax essentials for small business
This workshop provides small businesses with key information about taxation, how to use ATO online tools and what is necessary when starting a new business.
- Supported by: Australian Taxation Office
- Sessions: -
- Event type: Workshop
This workshop is suited for people new to business or thinking of starting a business. Come along and learn about:
- business structures and their different rules, tax rates and obligations
- tax and non-tax business registrations
- allowable deductions, including motor vehicle deductions, depreciation and home-based business expenses
- annual and quarterly reporting requirements
- record keeping principles
- where to go for help and information when you need it.
This workshop will show you online tools and resources that can help you and you’ll have the chance to ask questions.