Understanding trade marks
This webinar provides business owners with information about the basics behind trade mark protection and explains how to register for trade mark protection.
- Supported by: IP Australia
- Sessions: -
- Event type: Webinar
Almost every business has a trade mark of some sort - in its words, logos or slogans, or a combination.
This webinar explains the basics behind trade mark protection and helps you understand how to register for trade mark protection. Designed for people starting a business or developing a new product or service, this webinar will help you identify and understand the difference between a registered business name and a trade mark.
During this webinar you will learn:
- the basics of intellectual property (IP) - overview of the Registered IP - Patents, Trade Marks, Designs
- the basics of copyright and trade secrets
- understanding IP within your business plan, marketing and contracts
- trade marks – what are they and what can be trade marked?
- the difference between business names, domain names and trade marks
- what to consider before you invest in your brand
- the trade mark application process