The Business Registration Service makes it easier to register your new business by combining key business and tax registrations on one form. It also features an automatic business or company name check that will let you know if your proposed name is available before you register.
Who can use this service?
The Business Registration Service is available to:
- New businesses starting as a sole trader, joint venture, company, trust, partnership or superannuation fund who can apply for a business name, Australian Business Number (ABN), company and tax registrations.
- Existing businesses with an ABN can apply for tax registrations or an AUSkey login.
What can you apply for?
If you’re registering your business for the first time and don’t already have an ABN or company registration, you can apply for the following government business and tax registrations:
- Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Business name
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Australian company
- Pay as You Go (PAYG) withholding
- Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT)
- Luxury Car Tax (LCT)
- Fuel Tax Credits (FTC)
- Wine Equalisation Tax (WET)
- Administrator AUSkey.
Not ready to register?
If you're a first time business and aren't sure what registrations you need:
- read our Registrations topic
- use the Help me decide tool to work out the business structure and business and tax registrations that you'll need.
We need your help! If you use this service, please give us your feedback so we can make it even better