The Business registration service Beta makes it easier to register your new business by combining key business and tax registrations on one form. It also features an automatic business or company name check that will let you know if your proposed name is available before you register.
If you're a first time business and aren't sure what registrations you need, we have a Help me decide tool to help you work out:
- the business structure that will best suit your needs
- the business and tax registrations you should consider applying for.
Who can use this service?
The Business registration service Beta is available to:
- New businesses starting as a sole trader, joint venture, company, trust, partnership or superannuation fund who can apply for a business name, Australian Business Number (ABN), company and tax registrations.
- Existing businesses with an ABN can apply for tax registrations or an AUSkey login.
What can you apply for?
If you’re registering your business for the first time and don’t already have an ABN or company registration, you can apply for the following government business and tax registrations:
- Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Business name
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Australian company
- Pay as You Go (PAYG) withholding
- Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT)
- Luxury Car Tax (LCT)
- Fuel Tax Credits (FTC)
- Wine Equalisation Tax (WET)
- Administrator AUSkey.
We need your help! If you use this service, please give us your feedback so we can make it even better!