Develop your business plans
The business planning section covers a broad range of information to help you in starting, running and growing your business.
Key sections include:
- Write your business plan.
- Find opportunities for business growth.
- Seek mentoring services for your business.
- Find out how to develop an export plan for trading overseas.
- Visit our Advisory Services section to search for a business advisor.
Marketing and social media planning
- Write your marketing plan and strategy, including researching your market, promotion and pricing of your products and services.
- Find market research and statistics to better understand your market, competitors and industry.
- Decide whether to use social media in your business and developing a social media strategy to help you connect with customers.
Environmental, water and energy management
- Find out about environmental management, including environmental auditing systems and minimising your environmental impact.
- Read about energy management, including how to reduce your energy usage and negotiate your energy contract.
Innovation and intellectual property
- Understand, register and protect your intellectual property.
- Develop innovation in your business including fostering an innovative culture and find opportunities to improve your internal processes.
Succession planning, emergency management and recovery
- Plan and recover from emergencies and natural disasters that may affect your business.
- Understanding the importance of succession planning.
What to do...
- For advice and support when business planning, use Advisory Services to find business advisory and support services in your local area.
- Download our free templates and tools to assist with business planning.
- Search our Events for seminars and workshops on how to start a business.
- Watch our videos to find out about business.gov.au tools to help you start and grow your business.