Research goods and services
Research can help you work out where your products or services fit in the market and how they differ from those of your competitors. It can also help you work out:
- Positioning - whether your products or services are high-end, competitive or a low-cost alternative to the products or services offered by your competitors. Read more on positioning your business.
- Anticipated demand - the quantity of products/services your customers are likely to purchase. For example, how much will an individual customer buy in 6 months or 12 months?
What to do...
- Read more on Marketing to help you identify how your products and services fit in the market.
- Find out more about selling goods.
- Conduct your own primary research using surveys or interviews, or through talking to your customers and other businesses.
- Visit the ABS Small business page for information on what services they provide for small business.
- You can find further ABS information by calling the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070.
- Search for additional government data on the data.gov.au website.