Social media planning checklist
Social media can be daunting, but with some research and planning, you can use it to your business’ advantage. Below is a quick six step social media planning checklist to help you get started.
1. Conduct your analysis
- Analyse the social media tools available.
- Analyse your business and find out if you’re ready for social media.
- Analyse your customers to see if they use social media.
- Analyse your competitors and their social media pages.
2. Develop your social media strategies
- Revisit your business plan and look at your main business goals and strategies.
- Determine if and how social media can help you achieve them.
- Develop your marketing strategies to help you enter the market, develop your brand or build awareness, and communicate/engage with customers.
- Write your social media plan using the analysis and social media strategies you have developed.
3. Establish the rules
- Develop some internal policies and procedures to cover security, privacy and content.
- Develop an acceptable use policy for your social media users.
Read Establish the rules on our social media plan template.
4. Set up a social media team
- Set up a team with appropriate skills/training.
- Establish their roles and responsibilities.
- Familiarise them with your internal policies and procedures.
Read Create a social media team for more info on what to include in your plan.
5. Get started
- Set up your page/profile/blog.
- Build your networks.
- Implement social media strategies.
- Monitor and measure the impact of your strategies.
- Adjust/modify your strategies as needed.