What business taxes and superannuation do I pay and report?
Tax and superannuation are not business structure specific, but are instead determined by the activities of the business.
Sole trader and company
Depending on your business activities, you may need to register for taxes such as:
- goods and services tax (GST) – if your business turns over $75,000 or more per year.
- Pay As You Go (PAYG) instalments.
If you have employees you may also need to register for:
- Pay As You Go (PAYG) withholding.
- fringe benefits tax instalments (FBT).
- Super Guarantee (SG) contributions.
More information & help
- Check out our When do I have to pay GST? page for more detail on your business and GST.