Blogging for business
What is a blog?
A blog is an internet site, or an added extension into your existing business website, where you 'post' entries (also known as 'blog posts').
Benefits of blogging for business
Some benefits of blogging can include:
- marketing and promoting your business through your blog community
- reaching new customers
- providing updates through written content, videos, photographs and audio
- improving your SEO through regular updates of new content
- sharing new and relevant information
- gathering customer feedback, reviews and testimonials to help you improve and make sales.
- engaging with customers though comments and sharing.
Tips when blogging
Simple tips to get started in blogging for your business:
- Complete a blogging plan which will help outline what you want your blog to achieve for your business.
- Decide if you want to use a third party blog hosting platform, or host your blog on your own website.
- Choose whether to use a template or a customised design for your blog.
- Practice writing blog posts.
- Check out our Creating your online presence page for more tips on taking your business online.
- Head to the Queensland Government website for more information on using a blog to market your business.
- Read our Online business topic to find out more information on getting started online.