Commissioner and Ombudsman services
There are a range of support services available from Commissioners and Ombudsman, some that provide support specifically for small businesses, and others that you might want to know about more generally as a business operator.
Support for small business
- Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman (ASBFEO) - provides information and assistance to small businesses, including referral to dispute resolution services.
- Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO) - provides information and advice about Australia's workplace rights and rules
- Office of the NSW Small Business Commissioner - assists and advocates for small business in New South Wales.
- Small Business Commissioner South Australia - provides information and advice to help small businesses in South Australia resolve and manage disputes.
- Victorian Small Business Commissioner - supports Victorian small business and provides independent advice on business disputes.
- Small Business Development Corporation - provides free advice for small businesses in Western Australia.
Industry specific support
- Credit and Investments Ombudsman
- Energy and Water Ombudsman Queensland
- Energy and Water Ombudsman Victoria
- Energy Ombudsman Tasmania
- Financial Ombudsman Service
- Postal Industry Ombudsman
- Produce and Grocery Industry Ombudsman
- Public Transport Ombudsman
- Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman
- Tolling Customer Ombudsman