Switch vehicles or fuels
With rising petrol and diesel prices, switching to a more fuel efficient or an alternate fuel car, commercial vehicle or truck can save your business money and reduce greenhouse and air pollution emissions.
Fuel-efficient cars also have a higher threshold for the Luxury Car Tax and some insurers may offer discounts. Although fuel-efficient vehicles may cost more upfront, choosing a cheaper and less efficient model could end up costing your business more in the long run. Consider fuel and maintenance costs when choosing which vehicle is right for your circumstances.
Use the Green Vehicle Guide to see how fuel efficient your existing vehicle is or to help you decide on purchasing a more fuel efficient or electric car. See the Truck Buyers Guide for step by step guidance on choosing a fuel efficient truck.
Besides fuel-efficient vehicles, there are also additional ways that can contribute to reducing your overall transport costs such as fuel-efficient driving tips, regular maintenance, weight management, logistics and choice of transport.
What to do...
- See the Energy Efficiency Exchange (EEX) website for examples on how to Reduce energy costs in your sector.
- Read up on the current residential, commercial and public building compulsory standards for energy efficiency set by the Australian Building Codes Board (ABCB).
- Find out if you need a Building Energy Efficiency Certificate (BEEC) on the Commercial Building Disclosure (CBD) Program website.
- See how you can improve your NABERS energy rating and save money on your energy bills on the NABERS website.
- See the Office tenants page on the EEX website.
- Download the NABERS Energy Management Guide for Tenants to find out what steps you can take to improve the energy efficiency of your office.
- Find energy efficiency design tips and resources on the YourHome and the Business Victoria websites.
- Compare appliances and equipment to find the most energy efficient products on the Energy Rating website.
- Consider HVAC, co-generation or tri-generation technology options listed on the Energy Efficiency Exchange website.
- Search the Green Vehicle Guide to compare the fuel economy, greenhouse and air pollution emissions of different cars, four-wheel drives and light commercial vehicles.
- Follow the Truck Buyers Guide for step-by-step guidance on choosing a fuel efficient commercial vehicle or truck.
- Save on car fuel by trying some of these fuel-efficient driving tips.
- Examine the EEX website to find energy efficiency options available in other transport operations such as:
- road transport
- air transport
- rail transport
Next (5 of 6):
Energy finance options