Upgrade an existing building
If you already own a building or office, there are a number of upgrades that can reduce your energy use and save you money. Energy efficiency improvements can also increase your NABERS star rating, property value and attract higher rental returns if you were to lease your property.Below are just a few ways to start saving.
- Reduce heat escaping by double glazing windows and insulating walls.
- Reduce draught by sealing doors and windows and installing automatic doors.
- Buy energy efficient light bulbs and install timers for lighting.
- Consider more energy efficient heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems and use the thermostat to automate temperatures.
- For larger energy users such as offices, hotels and data centres, consider systems that generate heating, cooling and power such as cogeneration or tri-generation technology. Cogeneration systems generate heat and power, while tri-generation systems generate heat, power and cooling.
See how you can improve your NABERS energy rating and save money on your energy bills on the NABERS website.