Working with contracts
Working with contracts is a large part of small business management. Once in place, the requirements of a contract dictate the way in which small businesses operate. In short, they underpin the viability and security of any business, large or small.
The Treasury provides a guide on Working with contracts which outlines:
- the essential ingredients of a contract, supported by useful and practical examples relevant to small business
- the more frequently encountered and important legal jargon used in contracts
- the different types of contracts
- the basic content and structure of contracts
- what standard form contracts are and some useful pointers on constructing your own
- some of the basic issues relating to specific types of small business relationships.
What to do...
- Read Understanding contracts for more information on contracts.