Business finances in your state or territory
Australian Capital Territory
- See what business finance training is available in the ACT.
- Visit the ACT Government Business Development website formore on venture capital.
New South Wales
- Speak to a Business Connect advisor to helping you understand your finances, key accounting concepts, cash flow and budgeting.
- Business finance workshops give you free business planning and sales workshops throughout the year..
- Follow the five steps to Funding your business on the business.qld.gov.au website.
- See the guides on Managing cash flow and Managing debtors for information on improving your finances.
- See the QLD Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation's resources below:
- Making and managing money- covers topics such as cash flow, debtors, obtaining finance and tax.
- Record keeping for tax purposes - how to meet your record keeping obligations.
- Calculating profit margins -learn about the difference between gross profit margin and mark up.
- Funding your business- information for obtaining finance.
- Financial Control- helps you with controlling cash flow, debtors and inventory.
- Visit the SA Government page on Financing your business.
- Read the Your BusinessLoan Application page for things you should know before you approach a lender.
- Managing your business finances - information on financing and cash flow management.
- See Business Victoria's resources on:
- Perform a Business health check to assess your financial health.
- Money matters – covers topics on understanding your accounts, managing your money and obtaining finance.
- 10 Questions to ask your accountant (PDF, 0.4 MB) – gives you 10 key questions to ask when you receive your profit and loss statement and balance sheet from your accountant.
- Find information on Obtaining finance by visiting the WA Small Business Development Corporation website.