When selling products, there are a number of things to consider. You may need to lease a business premise before selling your products, or find a supplier for the products you are selling.
Read through our selling goods and services topic for more detailed information about selling and your business.
What to do...
- Visit the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) website for information about business and the ACL.
- Read through our Fair trading topic for information on pricing regulations and consumers.
- Check out our Customers topic to make sure you understand how to find and keep new customers.
- Browse our Marketing topic to help you develop strategies around your products, price and promotion.
- Read the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission's (ACCC) Advertising and selling guide to better understand how consumer law applies to your business.
- Be aware of scams targeting small business and report them to the ACCC.