Develop an export plan
After you decide to export products, developing an export plan should be your next step. It's important your business and staff have a clear plan to follow.
An effective export plan will help evaluate your strengths and weaknesses when entering the export market.
Think about the below when you prepare your plan:
- the products that you'll export
- your target markets
- the timeframe
- Customs duties
- marketing strategies.
What to do...
- Read Austrade's Export strategy.
- Go to Austrade’s website for information about exporting.
- Have a look at Austrade's Export pricing page for advice on pricing your products or services for the overseas market.
- Find your nearest government funded business adviser using our Advisory Services.
- Get advice from an experienced business adviser, accountant or solicitor.