Having the right resources to innovate is vital to connecting your idea with the right people or places. Here are some of the resources worth knowing about:
- Source IP – an online tool by IP Australia that connects businesses with Australian public sector research groups.
- Connecting Australian-European Science and Innovation Excellence (CAESIE) - supports science and technology between small to medium enterprises (SMEs) and researchers in Europe and Australia.
- Small and Medium Enterprise Engagement Centre (CSIRO) - assists Australian SMEs access research and development to address technical issues and enable growth.
- Flagship Collaboration Fund (CSIRO) – supports all sectors of industry and science to research and cooperate.
- Data 61 (CSIRO) - CSIRO’s Data61 is Australia’s leading data science research and engineering group with trusted advisers to government, business and academia. Work with them to navigate disruption and innovate for the future.
- Linkage Projects (Australian Research Council) - provides funding for R&D projects between higher education researchers within the national innovation system.
- Industrial Transformation Research Program (Australian Research Council) - funds university researchers and industries to gain a viable edge for products, processes and services.
- National Measurement Institute - provides advice, support and services relating to physical, chemical, biological and legal measurement.
- National Science and Innovation Agenda - encourages your business to embrace risk, entrepreneurship and innovate in every field.
- Innovation Centre Sunshine Coast – provides start-ups and high growth companies with a network of entrepreneurs and resources for more than 160 members.
Innovation grants and assistance
There are a number of grants and assistance packages to help make your business more innovative:
- R&D Tax Incentive
- Innovation Connections
- Venture Capital
- Cooperative Research Centres (CRC) Program
- Innovation Journey – outlines innovation funding and support available through the Australian and Queensland governments to develop your innovation and grow your business.