Finding government tender opportunities
As a potential supplier of goods and services to government, it's important that you know where to look for business opportunities.
AusTender is used by Australian Government agencies to advertise business opportunities and to report successful contracts and standing offers over $10,000 in value.
It allows you to find or be notified of the latest opportunities advertised by the Australian Government, and view standing offer arrangements and contracts awarded by agencies to other suppliers. AusTender also has useful information about the procurement process and how to plan, prepare and submit your tender.
Using AusTender allows your business to benefit from:
- one central point to find publicly available procurements advertised by the Australian Government
- automatic notification of business opportunities
- automatic notification of addenda (an amendment or update to the original tender)
- electronic lodgement of tender responses into a secure electronic tender box, which is administered in the same way as a traditional tender box
- access 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- reduced tender response costs, by eliminating the need to print, bind and courier responses
- online access to information about standing offers and contracts awarded.
State & territory government tender opportunities
Each state and territory government has its own agency responsible for tenders and contracts. You can also find the latest information on current tenders and contracts in the Tenders section of your state and national newspapers.
Visit our tenders and contracts in your state or territory page to find guides on successful tendering and tender opportunities.
What to do...
- Download the AusTender Public User Guide (PDF 3.4MB) to assist you in making the most of the government tender opportunities available.
- Visit the AusTender website to electronically access Australian government bidding opportunities.
- Visit the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development website for information on government projects.
- Read AusTender's Frequently Asked Questions.
- Contact AusTender directly for further information and assistance.
- Access the DTA's Digital Marketplace.