Find skills funding and programmes
You and your employees may be eligible for a range of funding and assistance programmes that support skills and training.
Browse our list of government funded programmes to find out more:
- Adult Migrant English Program
- Apprenticeships and traineeships employer incentives
- Education and Training Advisers
- Skills Service Organisations
- Industry Skills Fund
- Job Ready Program
- New Enterprise Incentive Scheme
- Skills for Education and Employment
- Trade Support Loans
- Want to find more help?
Adult Migrant English Program
If you or your employees are migrants or humanitarian entrants, you may be eligible to receive assistance from the Adult Migrant English Program, which provides up to 510 hours of free English language tuition.
Apprenticeships and traineeships employer incentives
Are you thinking about offering an apprenticeship or traineeship to one of your employees, or employing an apprentice or trainee? If yes, visit the Australian Apprenticeships website for information about:
- who can apply for Australian apprenticeships and traineeships
- how apprenticeships rel="noopener noreferrer" and traineeships work for employers
- a range of incentives you may be eligible for as an employer.
Skills Service Organisations
Maintaining industry expertise is essential to remain competitive and in some cases, to make sure you meet your employer obligations. Contact your relevant Skills Service Organisation to play a part in developing training packages to meet your industry's needs.
Industry Skills Fund
The Industry Skills Fund provides training and support services to eligible businesses to upskill and train employees to meet these future challenges and take advantage of new business growth opportunities.
Job Ready Program
The Job Ready Program is for international graduates who have studied in Australia and have an Australian trade qualification, and who want to demonstrate their 'job readiness' to Australian employers.
If you're interested in employing someone who is likely to be committed and enthusiastic, rel="noopener noreferrer" and who offers an international perspective, read the program's information for prospective employers.
New Enterprise Incentive Scheme
Are you a job seeker interested in starting and running a small business? If you’re eligible, rel="noopener noreferrer" you can get practical small business training, business mentoring and financial assistance from the New rel="noopener noreferrer" Enterprise Incentive Scheme.
Skills for Education and Employment
The Skills for Education and Employment programme provides language, literacy and numeracy training to eligible job seekers, to help them participate more effectively in training or in the labour force.
If you’re approached by job seekers who you’d like to employ but who need to improve their literacy skills, refer them to this programme!
Trade Support Loans
If you have an apprentice, let them know about Trade Support Loans. It could be just the support they need to help them complete their training.
Loans of up to $20,000 are available to apprentices who are:
- working in occupations on the National Skills Needs List, such as plumbers, diesel mechanics, electricians, rel="noopener noreferrer" and fitters
- working towards some horticulture or agriculture qualifications.
Want more help?
- Visit Literacy Net to browse a range of training resources relevant to your industry.
- Search Grants & Assistance for funding and programmes that you may be eligible for.
- Browse Events for seminars, training sessions and workshops near you.
- Search for Advisory sevices to find low-cost business advisers in your area.