Personal protection and chemicals
If you're starting or running a business that deals with chemicals or plastics, the Chemicals Business Checklist can help you navigate your requirements and ensure your business is safe, sustainable and compliant.
The checklist is useful for anyone working in the chemicals and plastics industry including those who import, manufacture, use, handle, transport or dispose chemicals.
The checklist includes:
- a series of questions to help guide you through many of the issues you need to consider when operating your chemical business
- a contact list to direct you to the relevant regulatory body or government agency.
The checklist also covers a range of topics, including:
- understanding chemical products
- manufacturing, importing and exporting chemical products
- labelling and packaging requirements
- work health and safety requirements
- transporting chemical products
- disposing of chemical waste
- chemicals of security concern.