Are you struggling to understand your business tax obligations?
Find out about free assistance to help you understand your business tax!
If you’re new to business and confused by your super and tax obligations, why not sign up for the Business Assistance Program?
What is the Business Assistance Program?
The Business Assistance Program is a free 12 month phone service for new businesses, run by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
The service offers tailored support for businesses on tax, super and GST.
What happens during the program?
It starts with initial contact over the phone within 2 business days of completing the registration form, then 3 check-ins over the course of 12 months to see how you and your business are tracking.
Some of the topics that are covered in the program include:
- GST registration and obligations
- record keeping
- obligations as an employer
- digital services
- understanding Business Activity Statements (BAS).
Is my business eligible for the Business Assistance Program?
You’ll need to:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST), or are likely to register for GST in the near future.
To apply it’s easy, just go to the register page and fill out the online form.