Bringing together business and Defence
Introducing the Centre for Defence Industry Capability
If you haven’t already heard, the Centre for Defence Industry Capability (CDIC) and the Defence Innovation Hub are now open!
What is the Centre for Defence Industry Capability?
The CDIC provides expert advice and funding to develop Australian businesses and help industry, academia and research organisations meet Defence needs.
What are the benefits for my business?
CDIC business advisers are available to:
- provide advice to newcomers about what it takes to supply to the defence industry
- identify areas for your business to become a more competitive supplier to the defence industry
- identify the support needed to upskill your workforce
- identify new or additional defence export markets and international supply chain opportunities
- help business develop innovation proposals to submit to the Defence Innovation Hub.
What is the Defence Innovation Hub?
The Defence Innovation Hub is part of the new Defence Innovation System that will invest around $640 million over the next 10 years to develop innovative ideas into Defence capability.
Defence industry survey
We’re conducting a survey to learn about how Australian businesses provides products or services to Defence, or as part of a defence supply chain. If you currently provide products or services to Defence, or you’d like to, then we encourage you to complete the survey.
The information collected by this survey will inform the development of a Defence Industrial Capability Plan (DICP) and Sovereign Industrial Capabilities.
How can I get involved?
- Visit the CDIC to find out more about the CDIC and Defence innovation.
- Contact a CDIC business adviser.
- Register for updates about Defence Industry and Innovation.
- Take part in the Defence industry survey.