Free resources to help businesses plan & recover from natural disasters
Make sure your business is prepared this holiday period…
In Australia, natural disasters such as floods, fire and earthquakes can strike without warning, so it’s important to make sure your business is resilient in times of crisis.
Why bother planning for emergencies?
A solid emergency management plan can help you:
- understand your strengths and weaknesses
- put strategies in place to adapt to any scenario
- make sure that if the worst happens, you have the tools and support in place to help you get back to business.
Free resources to help you plan
The good thing is, you don’t have to plan for emergencies on your own! There’s plenty of advice and support available to help you, such as:
- Information - Our Emergency management and recovery information guides you through the steps you need to take to prepare, take action and recover from emergencies.
- Templates - Download a Word version of our Emergency management and recovery template and guide, and develop a variety of strategies to put in place so your business is protected.
- App - MyBizShield app is available for free on Android tablets and iPads. It provides a template to help you think about the practical steps you can take to protect your business from emergencies.
- Keep an eye on the Natural disaster government assistance for business page for regularly updated information about assistance for business owners.
- Disaster Assist provides information on current disasters and available assistance.
- The Bureau of Meteorology provides Climate outlooks for the upcoming months to help you get an idea of extreme weather you’ll need to prepare for.