Jobs and growth support available in ten pilot regions across Australia
Calling for projects to help diversify regional economies, stimulate economic growth and deliver sustainable employment…
Do you have a new project that will drive economic growth and create jobs in one of ten pilot regions? If so, funding from the Regional Jobs and Investment Packages (RJIP) can help.
What grant funding is available?
RJIP grants are available across three streams, with the following amounts available across ten regions:
- Queensland: Bowen Basin $20 million
- Queensland: Tropical North $30 million
- Queensland: Wide Bay Burnett $20 million
- New South Wales: North Coast $25 million
- New South Wales: South Coast $20 million
- South Australia: Upper Spencer Gulf $20 million
- Tasmania: Regional Tasmania $25 million
- Victoria: Geelong $20 million
- Victoria: Goulburn Valley $20 million
- Victoria: Latrobe Valley $20 million
What are the three streams?
Local infrastructure - supports projects that invest in new or upgraded infrastructure. They have to align with the Local Investment Plan, provide growth opportunities and create jobs.
Business innovation - supports business expansion projects to create new or improved products and services. They have to align with the Local Investment Plan, provide growth opportunities and create jobs.
Skills and training - supports training and education projects that help the workforce to survive major job changes and take advantage of developing opportunities. They have to align with the Local Investment Plan, improve regional education and support local employment.
Who can apply?
Only local government agencies or bodies, or not for profit organisations can apply for the local infrastructure, and skills and training stream grants.
Only Australian companies or incorporated trustees on behalf of a trust can apply for the business innovation stream grants.
Find out more:
- Read the RJIP Local Investment Plans and Program Guidelines.
- Head to the regional RJIP page for more information.
- Register to attend a RJIP information session.