New CRC Programme funding round now open
Calling for new collaborations between industry and research organisations…
Are you developing a new technology, product or service? If so, funding from the Cooperative Research Centres (CRC) Programme can help. Applications for the 19th CRC selection round opened Wednesday 24 May 2017.
What are the grants for?
CRC grants support medium to long term industry-led collaborations to develop important new technologies, products and services.
CRC grants aim to:
- improve the competitiveness, productivity and sustainability of Australian industries, especially where Australia has a competitive strength
- deliver outcomes in line with government priorities, which encourage and enable small and medium enterprise (SME) participation in collaborative research
- foster high quality research to help solve industry specific problems through collaborative research partnerships between industry entities and research organisations.
CRC grants provide CRCs with up to 50% of the resources with no specified limit to funding available for each CRC.
The CRC collaboration must at least match the amount of grant funding sought through cash and/or in-kind contributions. An in-kind contribution means non-cash resources provided by a participant to conduct the activities of the CRC. They may be staff or non-staff resources.
You can use the funding to support the costs of:
- student placements
- capital items, such as equipment.
Who can apply?
Collaborations from industry, research and community sectors can apply. A group of participants who have agreed to collaborate can submit an application.
Successful proposals should involve strong partnerships between industry and research to improve industry productivity and competitiveness.
Applications that are industry-led and focused on practical outcomes to major industry problems are encouraged to apply.
Key application dates
Selection round funding applications close 12 July 2017.
To apply for funding visit the CRC grants page.
What to do
- Find out more about the CRC Programme and see if you’re eligible to apply.
- Head to our CRC grants for more information.
- Check out details of the successful CRCs in the 18th selection round.