Seasonal Work Incentives Trial
Are you after work in the horticultural industry? Does your business have a high seasonal labour demand? Take part in the Seasonal Work Incentives Trial
About the trial
The Seasonal Work Incentives Trial is a new, two year Trial managed by jobactive, Transition to Work and Disability Employment Services providers.
The Trial will run from 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2019 and offers incentives to participants to encourage them to take up short term work placements. Participants will be capped at 3,800 over each financial year of the Trial.
Information for employers
Growers in the horticultural industry that need workers to help meet their seasonal labour needs can access the Trial from 1 July 2017.
To register your business and discuss your labour needs contact your nearest employment services provider.
Information for seasonal workers
The Trial will allow participants who are receiving Newstart or Youth Allowance for a minimum of three continuous months and are registered with a jobactive, Transition to Work and Disability Employment Services provider to:
- earn up to $5000 without reducing income support payments
- have the opportunity to receive up to $300 Living Away and Travel Allowance each year if the work they take up under the Trial is more than 120km away from their home
- gain some hands on experience in the horticultural industry that could help secure a long term position.
- Find out more about the Seasonal Work Incentives Trial.
- Contact your nearest employment services provider.