Stress Down Day 2017
Stress less for Lifeline and have your workplace take part in Stress Down Day!
It’s Stress Down Day today - Monday 24 July 2017.
What is Stress Down Day?
Stress Down Day is a fun and easy initiative that aims to reduce stress in the workplace while raising vital funds for Lifeline’s crisis support and suicide prevention services.
Research shows that 90% of Australians need to de-stress with 74% of people reporting that they are stressed at work.
What events can your workplace hold for Stress Down Day?
Here are some suggested activities that your workplace could hold to raise funds:
- trivia competition
- host an afternoon tea
- fashion parade (worst or best dressed)
- lunch time soup stall
- yoga or meditation session
- lunch time run or walk.
Remember to stress down EVERY day
Stress is something everybody experiences at some time or another, but too much stress can affect you both professionally and personally. Some steps you can take to reduce stress include:
- taking an adequate lunch break
- talking to friends or family if you are experiencing high levels of stress
- asking a health professional for help
- undertaking regular exercise
- speaking to your employer
- taking time away from work and ensuring you make time for things you enjoy such as hobbies, friends and family.
Visit the Health Direct website to learn more about managing work related stress.
Register and start fundraising
Register your business and start raising funds for Stress Down Day.