Finding government tender opportunities
As a potential supplier of goods and services to government, it's important that you know where to look for business opportunities.
AusTender is used by Australian Government agencies to advertise business opportunities and to report successful contracts and standing offers over $10,000 in value.
It allows you to find or be notified of the latest opportunities advertised by the Australian Government, and view standing offer arrangements and contracts awarded by agencies to other suppliers. AusTender also has useful information about the procurement process and how to plan, prepare and submit your tender.
Using AusTender allows your business to benefit from:
- one central point to find publicly available procurements advertised by the Australian Government
- automatic notification of business opportunities
- automatic notification of addenda (an amendment or update to the original tender)
- electronic lodgement of tender responses into a secure electronic tender box, which is administered in the same way as a traditional tender box
- access 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- reduced tender response costs, by eliminating the need to print, bind and courier responses
- online access to information about standing offers and contracts awarded.
Learn how to sell to government
The Department of Finance has developed a guide to selling products and services to government. The guide can help you:
- understand how to win government business
- learn where to find opportunities to sell to government
- understand rules and processes when selling to government
- know what to do if you're awarded a contract.
Sell digital products and services to government
If you are a digital seller, you may find opportunities to do business with local, state, territory or federal government. The Digital Marketplace is a simple platform that brings government buyers and digital sellers together.
It's easy to join the Digital Marketplace and as a seller you can:
- post case studies to show experience and expertise
- apply for opportunities posted by buyers.
State & territory government tender opportunities
Each state and territory government has its own agency responsible for tenders and contracts. You can also find the latest information on current tenders and contracts in the Tenders section of your state and national newspapers.
Visit our tenders and contracts in your state or territory page to find guides on successful tendering and tender opportunities.
What to do...
- Read AusTender's Frequently Asked Questions.