Tips for saving energy in your business
In your home or business:
- Reduce heat escaping by double glazing windows and insulating walls.
- Reduce draught by sealing doors and windows and installing automatic doors.
- Buy energy efficient light bulbs and install timers for lighting.
- Consider more energy efficient heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems and use the thermostat to automate temperatures.
- For businesses that use more energy such as offices, hotels and data centres, consider systems that generate heating, cooling and power such as cogeneration or tri-generation technology. Cogeneration systems generate heat and power, while tri-generation systems generate heat, power and cooling.
- See how you can improve your NABERS energy rating and save money on your energy bills on the NABERS website.
In your car:
- Learn how fuel quality standards are an important part of energy efficiency on the road.
- Find out about advances in vehicle emissions, vehicle noise and fuel consumption labelling on the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development website.
- Learn how The Motor Vehicle Standards Act 1989 covers national safety and environmental provisions for all vehicles built in Australia.
- Find a good fuel-efficient vehicle on the Green Vehicle Guide website.
- Read more about the Australian Design Rules on the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development website.
Energy providers and assistance:
- Compare energy offers on the Energy Made Easy website.
- View a range of energy-related publications you can download, view or print on the Australian Energy Regulator website.
- The NSW Office of Environment and Heritage can help you compare finance options and guide you step by step through your chosen finance option.
- Search our grants and assistance to find energy grants available for business. For local energy programs see our Energy management in your state or territory page.
- See other potential tips on the Energy Exchange grants and funding page, in particular the loan financing options.