Environmental management in your state or territory
The following tools can save you time and money by doing most of the work for you:
- Environmental reporting tool
Use this tool to find out if there are threatened species, important wetlands, heritage sites or pollutant emissions in your area.
- Green Vehicle Guide
Search the green vehicle guide to find Australian vehicles with lower greenhouse and air pollution emissions.
- National Pollutant Inventory (NPI) guide to reporting
This guide helps you estimate your business emissions for inclusion in your mandatory NPI reporting. It also helps you determine which substances you need to report emissions on.
- Protected Matters Search tool
Generate a report with this tool to help you find out whether your area has national environmental significance or protected under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999.
Environmental management tools in your state and territory
Australian Capital Territory
- Visit the Department of the Environment and Sustainable Development's webpage on Environment protection.
- A guide to preparing an Environmental Management Plan is also available on the Department of the Environment and Sustainable Development's website.
New South Wales
- Read information about sustainable strategies to support your business goals from the New South Wales Business Chamber.
- Information on specific small business industries is on the NSW Office of Environment & Heritage (OEH) website.
- General information on Environmental protection and your business is on the OEH website.
- The NT Department of Business and Employment provides information on Environment protection, recycling and waste.
- Information on Waste & Pollution and Environmental assessments are on the NT Environment Protection Authority website.
- Visit the Department of Environment and Heritage Protection's Business sustainability webpage.
- The SA Environment Protection Authority (EPA) provides environmental information for Business and industry.
- Visit the Tasmanian Environmental Protection Agency website.
- The TAS Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment provides information on Waste Management and Waste and recycling.
- Visit the VIC Environment Protection Authority (EPA)'s Environmental Management Systems webpage.
- Refer to the EPA Life Cycle Management website.
- Guidance statements for environmental protection are available on the WA EPA website.