Managing waste in your state or territory
The National Waste Policy sets Australia's waste management and resource recovery direction to 2020. There are also a number of resources in your state or territory.
Australian Capital Territory
- Learn how the ACT classifies and manages its waste
- Search recycling and waste services to find a range of recycling and waste collection services.
- Find out how to be the eyes, nose and ears of pollution control and management in the Northern Territory
- Read the Northern Territory’s waste and pollution standards.
- Read about Tasmania’s waste management approach to reduce, reuse and recycle.
- Search the Business Recycling Directory to find services and service providers who take recyclables and other waste to be reprocessed, recycled or reused.
- Find out how your business can work with the Waste Authority in Western Australia
- Learn about the relevant legislation on waste avoidance and resource recovery.
- Find out more about waste management for business in Queensland
- Learn some great strategies for your business to reduce waste.
- Learn about the transport, handling, storage, treatment (including recycling and recovery) and disposal of waste in South Australia
- Read the waste management and reduction guide for the retail industry.
New South Wales
- Learn how your business can manage waste and recycling in New South Wales.