Many businesses believe they are first aid ready for an emergency; however this isn't always the case.
St John's 5 Steps to First Aid Readiness helps you to minimise workplace risks and be better prepared to respond to emergencies.
The 5 READY steps are:
- Ready assessment - Have you conducted a first aid assessment of your business?
- Enough trained first aiders - Do you have enough to cover unplanned staff absences?
- Accessible first aid equipment - Is the first aid equipment in your workplace easy to find and access?
- Drills and procedures - Does your workplace run first aid drills and procedures?
- Your business activities - Have you evaluated your business activities to identify areas of increased risk?
The 5 Steps to First Aid Readiness initiative can be key to protecting employers, employees and customers.
What to do...
- Start preparing your business by visiting the St John First Aid Ready website.
- Assess whether your business is first aid ready by using St John's 5 Steps to Readiness.
- Read about Workplace health and safety and plan for other workplace safety issues.
- Read about Emergency management and plan for other business emergencies.