You'll need to register as a company if you decide it's the best structure for your business. It has different legal, financial and record keeping responsibilities than other structures. Find out how to register a company, get an ACN and apply for a company name.
Tea Tree Gully Business Enterprise Centre (BEC) is an organisation that provides business advice and workshops for businesses in South Australia, to help them grown and develop sustainable businessesSA
The decision to close a business is usually due to one of two reasons, you no longer want to run the business and have no one to pass it onto or the business is not making enough money to keep going. Whatever your reasons, closing your business can take time, depending on its size and complexity.
To operate in the Defence industry you will need an ABN, and may need a history of supply performance, a quality assurance program and other accreditations.
Understand the importance of business planning, including how to develop a business plan, marketing plan, protecting your intellectual property, and planning for emergencies and succession planning of your business.
Provides small business advisory services in nothern Australia with grants of up to $200,000 per year, for three years, to deliver low cost advice and information services to tourism small businesses and intenders.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, you must:
- be an eligible corporation that is non tax-exempt, has an ABN and is registered for GST
- be a not-for-profit small business advisory service provider
- be located in northern Australia.
Other eligibility requirements may apply.
Find out the 5 key steps for setting up your business including deciding on business type and structure, registering your business name, applying for an ABN and understanding taxation and finance.
- Sessions: -
Register your expression of interest to showcase your products and services at this event.
Provides up to $18.02 million over three years to business advisory service providers to deliver low cost, high quality, digital advisory services to Australian small businesses in metropolitan and regional areas. Advisory services will include assessment of small businesses’ needs, tailored digital engagement plans, and support in relation to one or more of the priority digital capabilities including websites and selling online, social media and digital marketing, using small business software, and online security and data privacy.
Who can apply:
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for GST
- an entity incorporated in Australia (including an incorporated trustee applying on behalf of a trust, an incorporated for profit organisation or an incorporated not for profit organisation) and a trading corporation, where your trading activities
- form a sufficiently significant proportion of the corporation’s overall activities as to merit it being described as a trading corporation; or
- are a substantial and not merely peripheral activity of the corporation.
Other eligibility requirements apply.
Import and export licensing and Australian Customs requirements. Expand your business by exporting to new markets or import goods that aren't locally available.