Refine by

119 Results

Grants & assistance

Australian Government Disaster Recovery Allowance

  • Open

Provides people whose income has been reduced because of a declared major disaster with a short-term allowance for up to 13 weeks.

Who can apply:

At a minimum, you must:

  • be at least 16 years of age
  • be an Australian citizen or be eligible to work in Australia
  • live in or earn income from an area that has been adversely affected by a declared major disaster.

Other eligibility requirements may apply.

Plan & Start

Business structure

If you're thinking of starting your own business, you’ll need to look at the different business structure types and work out which structure best suits your needs and business plan.

Grants & assistance

AgriGrowth Loan Scheme TAS

Provides farms and agri-businesses in Tasmania with low interest loans of up to $1.5 million to develop the agricultural sector.


What taxes do I need to register for?

The taxes you must register for depend on the type of business you’re starting. Some tax registrations apply to all businesses and others may be compulsory depending on your business’ size and type.


How to lodge and pay tax

How you lodge your tax will depend on your business structure. Find out what you need to lodge and when a Business Activity Statement (BAS) is also needed. Don’t get caught out, find out what you need to lodge and the due dates early.


Activity statements

About reporting and making payments for taxation purposes, using activity statements. You make payments and report your obligations under the tax system using an activity statement.