Selling products and services
After you’ve done all the hard work setting up your business, it’s time to start selling your products or services.
Regardless of whether you’re a born salesperson or not, there are some essential parts of the process that can help you achieve your sales goals.
- Having the right type of label on your products is a key component of your sales and marketing strategy. Our page on product labelling includes information on what you must include on your label, as well as links to industry regulations such as the Food Standards Code.
- Do you know how trade measurement laws apply to the products you sell? You can find out what they are what your business needs to do in our page on Australia's trade measurement laws.
- Did you know the new Country of Origin Labelling (CoOL) laws mean products packaged from 1 July 2018 must display the new labels? You can find out how to get the new labels in our page on country of origin food labelling.
- A customer loyalty or reward program offers incentives for customers to keep buying your products or services. There are benefits and risks but our page can help you decide on the type of customer loyalty program that best suits your business.
- You may also want to consider selling your products or services to government agencies. Our page on tenders and contracts can help you be aware of opportunities for your business.