Good marketing tells a story about your business and gives your customers a reason to purchase from you instead of the competition.
Marketing is much more than large advertising campaigns and attractive logos. It's a vital part of your business operations and something you should look at from the beginning of your business journey.
In this topic you'll find information about:
What is marketing?
Broadly, marketing is a strategic mix of business activities that work towards a bigger goal of building your brand and business. Marketing is about identifying and understanding your customers and developing products and services that meet their needs. Marketing includes how you greet your customers on the phone, your customer service procedures, what your staff wear, and your email signature.
Benefits of marketing
With the right research and analysis, marketing can:
- help you reach your target audience, boost your customer base and ultimately increase your bottom line
- help you attract new customers, focus on satisfying their needs and build lasting relationships
- determine how you are positioned in the market
- show who your target audience is
- help you price your products and services
- measure the quality of your products.
Types of marketing
The most obvious form of marketing is advertising. Advertising can help you establish or position your business, sell your products or services and communicate to your customers. Successful advertising has the ability to reach a large audience and attract more sales.
You can also use social media in your business to engage with your customers, generate conversation and find out what people are saying about your brand and business.