Sustainability plan section
Under the sustainability plan section of your business plan you can include the following information:
- Environmental/resource impacts - Describe the impact your business could potentially have on the environment. For example, a particular manufacturing process may contribute negatively on the local water supply. To help you answer this question, you could consider conducting an environmental audit. Find out more on environmental auditing.
- Community impact & engagement – Describe how your environmental impact affects the local community. Detail how you can engage the community in minimising your impact. See how to minimise your environmental impact.
- Risks/constraints - List any risks/constraints to your business resulting from any environmental impacts.
- Strategies – Detail any strategies you will implement to minimise/mitigate your environmental impact and any risks to your business. Detail also if you plan on conducting an environmental audit or use an Environmental management system. Find out more about environmental auditing and environmental management systems. Consider how you can reduce your energy costs through better managing your energy usage.
- Action plan - List your key sustainability/environmental milestones and include the following details for each:
- Sustainability milestone - Detail the milestone you are trying to achieve. For example, reduce water consumption.
- Target - Detail the target you are trying to achieve. For example, reduce water consumption by 60%.
- Target Date - Enter the date and year you expect to reach each target.