Mentoring services for business
Do you sometimes wish there was someone you could talk to about your business ideas? Would you like to learn new skills and techniques from successful business people?
If so, you might like to consider finding a mentor.
What is a mentor?
A mentor is someone with extensive business experience and knowledge who can advise and guide you on a range of business matters. Mentoring can be delivered one-on-one or in a group environment.
Whether you are just starting out or want to expand your business, it's always a good idea to extend your business support network.
How do I find a mentor?
Find a range of mentoring services in your area:
- Queensland: Business Queensland has a list of mentoring programs for businesses.
- New South Wales: The WorkCover Mentor Program pairs small business owners with an industry expert from a large business to tackle safety in the workplace.
- Victoria: The Small Business Mentoring Service offers 75 mentors from a range of industries.
- South Australia: Visit the Business advice services page to see what support is available.
- Australian Capital Territory: Canberra BusinessPoint offers mentoring programs and one-on-one consultations.
- Northern Territory: The Mentor Support Program provides group coaching sessions to small and medium-sized businesses that are already operating successfully.
- Tasmania: CoacheStuff offers a network of experienced volunteer mentors across the state.
- Western Australia: The Small Business Development Corporation has information about business incubation, mentoring, networking and support.