Quarantine requirements for imported goods
Finding out about quarantine regulations is a must when importing goods. If the goods are subject to quarantine regulations, you need to apply for an importing permit and allow time for quarantine.
If you import plant, animal, mineral or human products, the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources will need to inspect and/or treat your products for pests or diseases.
Find out about quarantine conditions by searching the Biosecurity Import Conditions Systems (BICON), the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources import conditions database. BICON has information about Australian import conditions for more than 20,000 foreign plant, animal, mineral and human commodities.
What to do...
- Search the BICON database to see if your goods fall under quarantine regulations.
- Apply for an import permit application.
- Find out what import fees and charges apply.
- Find out about importing goods into Australia from the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources.
- Contact the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources for more information.