Before you start checklist
Before using the tool you may need to have the following information prepared:
The percentage of Australian ingredients is based on the ingoing weight of Australian ingredients before cooking, baking, frying or any other method of conserving, curing or preparing the end product (see section 11 of the Information Standard for more information).
- food made in Australia with Australian ingredients OR
- food made in Australia with imported ingredients OR
- food made in an overseas country with Australian ingredients.
Substantial transformation is a fundamental change in the product for example, a cake (final product) is made up of ingredients (flour, sugar, eggs, spices, yeast) that are fundamentally different from the finished product.
- food grown or produced or made in Australia with a varying amount of Australian ingredients (due to seasonality or other variations)
- food grown or produced or made in one overseas country and packed in Australia with a varying amount of Australian ingredients (due to seasonality or other variations)
Averages can be calculated over a one, two or three year period.
- Country of Origin Labelling (CoOL) Before you start checklist